|GCEC serves Grayson and Collin Counties. We also live in and support all of the great communities
within our region. Our principal goal is to be your source of information for all electricity needs,
as well as striving to keep our members informed and involved so they can make a difference
in their community. If you have any electricity issues or needs, please call us at 903-482-7100.
GCEC Operating Principles
The following seven principles serve as the cornerstone for GCEC’s existence:
1. Voluntary and Open Membership: GCEC is a voluntary organization, open to all persons able to use our services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership -- without regard for gender, social, racial, political or religious preferences.
2. Democratic Member Control: GCEC is a democratic organization controlled by our members, who actively participate in setting policies and making decisions. The elected representatives are accountable to the membership. Click here to learn more.
3. Members’ Economic Participation: Members contribute equitably to, and democratically control, the capital of GCEC. Members allocate surpluses for any or all of the following purposes: developing the cooperative, possibly by setting up reserves, part of which would be indivisible; benefiting members in proportion to their transactions with the cooperative; and supporting other activities approved by the membership.
4. Autonomy and Independence: GCEC is an autonomous organization controlled by our members. If GCEC enters into agreements with other organizations, including governments, or raises capital from external resources, we do so on terms that ensure democratic control by our members and maintain GCEC's autonomy.
5. Education, Training and Information: GCEC provides education and training for our members, elected representatives, managers and employees, so they can contribute effectively to the development of the cooperative. We inform the general public, particularly young people and opinion leaders, about the philosophy and benefits of the cooperative concept.
6. Cooperation among Cooperatives: GCEC serves our members most effectively, and strengthens the cooperative movement, by working together through local, national, regional and international structures.
7. Concern for Community: While focusing on member needs, GCEC works for the sustainable development of our communities through policies accepted by our members.
|SmartHub/Pay Services Energy Efficiency Safety Zone|