Whether you are looking to start a new service with Grayson-Collin Electric Cooperative or are moving off our system, we are here to help!
Starting a new service with Grayson-Collin Electric Cooperative……
A member can apply for service by completing the online service application.
To begin, you will need the following:
- A valid, state-issued ID and Social Security number for each person to be listed on the account.
- Contact information including phone number and email address.
- The following setup fees are applied after the application is reviewed.
- $20.00 membership fee. This is refundable when a member leaves the coop.
- $35.00 transfer/reconnect service fee.
- $10.00 soft Equifax credit check fee within the online application to determine if a deposit is required.
The application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted by a member service representative via email. At that time, you will be informed of fees due and receive instructions for payment. Please process payment within 3 business days to avoid cancellation of application. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the office at 903-482-7100
Disconnect service with Grayson-Collin Electric Cooperative…….
A member can disconnect electric service by completing a disconnect service request form.
(Form requires upload of valid state issued id and last 4 of social security number.)
After service is ended, a member may expect:
- The final bill including remaining unbilled usage should be expected within a month after the disconnect date.
- The $20.00 membership fee and applicable deposit funds are applied to the final bill.
- After the account is final, or the last transaction is complete, any account credit will be issued by check within 4-6 weeks.
Please include a forwarding address on the service disconnect form to insure future capital credit disbursements. If you move, please remember to notify our office by calling 903-482-7100
to update your mailing address.
The service disconnect form will be reviewed, and you will be contacted by a member service representative via email. Please allow a full business day to process your request.