No items found.

Start or Stop Service

Whether you are looking to start a new service with Grayson-Collin Electric Cooperative or are moving off our system, we are here to help!

Starting a new service with Grayson-Collin Electric Cooperative……

A member can apply for service by completing the online service application.

To begin, you will need the following:
  1. A valid, state-issued ID and Social Security number for each person to be listed on the account.
  2. Contact information including phone number and email address.
  3. The following setup fees are applied after the application is reviewed.
  • $20.00 membership fee.  This is refundable when a member leaves the coop.
  • $35.00 transfer/reconnect service fee.
  • $10.00 soft Equifax credit check fee within the online application to determine if a deposit is required.
The application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted by a member service representative via email.  At that time, you will be informed of fees due and receive instructions for payment.  Please process payment within 3 business days to avoid cancellation of application. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the office at 903-482-7100.
Complete the new service application here: New Account Application

Disconnect service with Grayson-Collin Electric Cooperative…….

A member can disconnect electric service by completing a disconnect service request form.
(Form requires upload of valid state issued id and last 4 of social security number.)
After service is ended, a member may expect:
  1. The final bill including remaining unbilled usage should be expected within a month after the disconnect date.
  2. The $20.00 membership fee and applicable deposit funds are applied to the final bill.
  3. After the account is final, or the last transaction is complete, any account credit will be issued by check within 4-6 weeks.
Please include a forwarding address on the service disconnect form to insure future capital credit disbursements.  If you move, please remember to notify our office by calling 903-482-7100 to update your mailing address.
The service disconnect form will be reviewed, and you will be contacted by a member service representative via email. Please allow a full business day to process your request.  
Complete the service disconnect form here: Service Disconnect Request Form